Blood collection “A Drop of Energy” organised again on the 17th of May
08:30 - 14:30Free
- This event has passed.
Informal Honorary Blood Donors’ Club “Kropelka Energii” (A Drop of Energy) invites everyone who works in Olivia Business Centre in Gdańsk and their friends to participate in blood collection, which will take place on Wednesday 17th of May 2017 on car park C.
In one place and at one time two blood donor buses of Regional Centre of Blood Donation and Treatment will be available for donors. Donors’ registration will be held from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
The following persons are responsible for efficient action and giving organizational information: Tomasz Rubanowicz (tel. 785 873 326), Piotr Krysiński (tel. 601 529 929). The action will be coordinated by the Organisers directly near the ambulances, where you can meet them and arrange the date of blood donation.
We suggest that you agree upon the participation in the action with your supervisor.
Information about who can become a Honorary Blood Donor is available on http://www.krew.gda.pl/
NOTE! Persons who would like to become donors should remember:
- to get enough sleep and be well-rested;
- to be healthy, that is without any symptoms of, for example, cold (runny nose, cough or herpes);
- not to donate blood on an empty stomach and necessarily eat light meal and drink a big cup of coffee or tea;
- no to take such medicine as: aspirin, paracetamol or anti-allergic drugs;
- no to smoke cigarettes two hours before blood donation;
- not to drink alcohol also the day before blood donation;
- necessarily take your ID card or driving licence.
Bone marrow donors’ database
Persons interested in registering in bone marrow donors’ database should report it in an ambulance. More information on how to become a bone marrow donor can be found on a website concerning bone marrow transplantation or on a website concerning donors.
For donors, who donate blood on that day in an ambulance or in a blood donor centre in Gdańsk, organisers prepared:
- A voucher for a free coffee or tea in Starbucks OBC Gdańsk.
- A voucher for a free meal in “Lobster” restaurant or in KOKU Sushi in Gdańsk for the enthusiasts of Japanese cuisine.
In accordance with the provisions of Article 9 of the Act on public blood service of 22 August 1997, persons who donate blood are entitled to a day off on the day of donation.
Contact with organisers: firstname.lastname@example.org.