Remember about your close ones. Be sincere and… meet someone you have not seen for a long time :)
Forget-me-not's day: remember about your close ones. Be sincere and… meet someone you have not seen for a long time.
The Polish Forget-Me-Not Day has been celebrated for several years on May 15 :) It is a special day. It reminds us how amazing and diverse nature is in Poland and that we have to take care of it and protect it. And this is not all. The “Forget-me-not” encourages us to be particularly mindful… Let us remember important and unique moments, places and events… and, in particular, persons who contribute so much to our lives every day. Perhaps you have not called your mother, aunt Krysia or your friend Basia for a long time? Do it! And meet someone you have not seen for a long time!
- It is not always blue :), its white variety is also known and a pink one also occurs;
- It really likes to “grow along a brook”;
- We can also encounter it on many continents;
- In order to enjoy it on its day, we should sow it in March (good advice for the following year!)
How can a forget-me-not help us?
- It can be the basis for the preparation of a tincture helpful in case of persistent coughing, inflammations of the bronchi, larynx and the throat;
- Baths in the forget-me-not are also recommended for good sleep;
- You can also use forget-me-nots as a compress for tired eyes.
The author of the Polish Forget-Me-Not Day is Andrzej Zalewski, the host of Ekoradio in the program I of the Polish Radio. The first celebration of that day was in 2002.