WORKSHOPS – STORYTELLING IN A LIFT – HOW ARE YOU GOING TO USE 1.5 MINUTES?
09:00 - 17:00
- This event has passed.
You are at an industry conference and in front of you there is the CEO of a company, for which you have been trying to work since half a year. You have 1.5 minutes to convince him that a meeting with you is something very important for him. What are you going to talk about? About your company, your product? Are you sure that he will be interested in it? How about surprising him with a gripping story? Are 1.5 minutes enough to tell a thrilling story, after which a client will find some time for you? 6 words are enough for masters. Ernest Hemingway created such a story in 6 words. How? Use storytelling.
You will learn how to do it during the workshops, thanks to which you will find out that it is not only important what you tell, but also how you tell short stories. You will have an opportunity to watch a video, which will present not only what you will be talking about, but also how you will look like while talking. It will show you what your face will express, how you will be standing, what you will be doing with your hands. All these things influence the way other person, who is standing one metre away from you, perceives you. Before workshops you will have a task to do, which will prepare you in the best possible way for the meeting and enable you to exploit it to the maximum.
- Introduction to the world of storytelling; 9:00 am – 10:30 am:
– what is storytelling
– why is it worth telling stories in business
– how does a strategic story work – examples
- Story structure; about 10:40 am – 12:00 pm
– 4 most important elements
– exercises which develop the ability to talk about yourself in a creative way
- Elevator pitch; 12:10 pm – 1:30 pm
– exercises concerning how to create your own story
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm lunch break
- Networking exercises; 2:30 pm – 3:50 pm
– elements of public speeches
– introducing yourself in the group for the first time – filming your speeches
- Working on a story; 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
– amendments, shortening, missing elements, polishing your story
– second speech in the group – filming
Thanks to the workshops, you will find out how a story may build relations, strengthen trust and help understand what you do. How can you change a listener into a client? You will create your own 1.5 – 2-minute story about who you are and what you do. You will learn how to tell it in an interesting way to make it possible for a listener to enter your world, remember you and want to arrange a meeting with you. What is more, if after workshops you realise that your story is not ideal, you have 2 more weeks to benefit from my help. I will consult amendments with you via e-mail of phone, till your story is like a ripe fruit: fresh, juicy and tasty. Persons who will choose the version with filming option, will receive a video material with a written analysis of strong and weak points of their speech.
Details concerning registration and costs of participation can be found on the event’s website.