Senior Full-stack Software Developer Java and/or Angular
FOR OUR GDAŃSK OFFICE, WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Senior Full-stack Software Developer
Java and/or Angular
One of strategically important emerging units within EPAM is seeking to employ the offshore (Poland) Full-stack Software Developer (FSD) to be a part of the development team in healthcare space for our Client - one of the largest healthcare service companies in US.
The FSD will be working in the project team that demands technical excellence and whose members are expected to hold each other accountable in the overall success of the output.
The project team is responsible for our Client’s in-house developed IT solution in Individual & Family Plan segment, which includes integration platform, workflow engine and a few portals. This solution is a part of an end-to-end US Retail Platform for browsing, learning, shopping, purchasing, billing and enrolling in our Client’s medical, dental, behavioral, and medical supplemental products. The team strives to enable the Client’s organization to satisfy business customers by continuous delivery of valuable and high-quality software that drives business performance.
- Angular 7, Typescript, Backbone.js.
- Java 8.
- Spring Boot, Cloud/REST.
- Oracle, MongoDB.
- Camel, JBoss Fuse, Drools, JMS, Kafka.
- Reactive Microservices on OpenShift.
- CI/CD: Git/GitLab CI, Maven, Jenkins, uDeploy, OpenShift.
- Mapping user stories to detailed technical specifications.
- Design, implement, test, deploy, maintain and document solutions, participate in code reviews.
- Implement back-, middle- and front-end parts of applications, integrating and testing them.
- Manage the multiple source repository, cherry-pick changes and maintain release repository, maintain release config repo in parallel to current development.
- Operational triage of bugs, failed test cases and system failures.
- Occasionally support new releases and business activities during after-hours or weekends.
- Creating and optimizing infrastructure performance metrics.
- Architecting a pilot or PoC effort to bring innovation to delivery.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- University degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience with IT projects, at least 3 fully participated and delivered projects.
- 3+ years strong hands-on development experience developing enterprise-class applications in technical stack used in Client’s landscape (Java, Spring and/or Angular 7, Typescript).
- Deep understanding of all things “database” - schema design, optimization, scalability, etc.
- Comfortable writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures/functions on Oracle DB.
- Being able to articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative agile pattern daily.
- Proven ability to design & build complex technology systems.
- Experience on drawing up system and low-level designs.
- Customer facing experience.
- Solid communication and inter-personal skills.
- Experience in SDLC, especially testing and deployment.
- Experience with Agile delivery (Scrum).
- Strong knowledge of Design Patterns and comfort with the latest architectural paradigms.
- Willingness and possibility to travel to other Client’s delivery center locations across Poland and US.
- English of B2+ level.
NICE TO HAVE
- Have a ‘full-stack’ mindset, willing to learn and work on different aspects of application development: user interface, API, backend logic, data storage, infrastructure.
- Have a sense of ownership over the work being done by the entire team.
- Be comfortable interacting with all levels of the team and raise challenges when necessary.
- Can identify code defects and work with other developers to address quality issues in product code.
- Passion for finding bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code through the use of automation tools.
- Drive automation pyramid and integrate with CI/CD tools for continuous validation. Understand when to automate and when not to.
- Drive the mentality of quality being owned by the entire team.
- Passion for continuing education and improving code quality.
- Possibility to be involved in an international project;
- Language classes (English and Polish);
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification;
- Career development center;
- Possibility to take part in both: corporate and startup environment;
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects;
- Relocation package for those who relocates to Krakow, Wroclaw, or Gdansk from other locations;
- Benefit package (health care, multisport, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers and shopping vouchers, etc.);
- Fruits on a weekly basis;
- Sponsored sport activities, E-sport program.
If you are interested, please send your CV to the following address: Agnieszka_Chojnowska@epam.com