Lead Java Developer
FOR OUR TEAM IN GDANSK WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Lead Java Developer
Since 1993, EPAM has leveraged its software engineering expertise to become a leading global product development, digital platform engineering, and top digital and product design agency. Through its ‘Engineering DNA’ and innovative strategy, consulting, and design capabilities, EPAM works in collaboration with its customers to deliver next-gen solutions that turn complex business challenges into real business outcomes. Today, with customers in over 25 countries, EPAM is considered one of Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies and has been on Forbes' 25 Fastest Growing Public Tech Companies every year of publication since 2013.
Our client is a global healthcare ISV and one of the top Electronic Medical Record (EMR) vendors.
They have a multi-year program to reimagine and re-platform their legacy application suite as a SaaS based solution using modern technologies and frameworks deployed on AWS cloud.
Client is US based.
About the project:
Client flagship product today is a Win32/64 based application that is hosted on premise, either by the client or their customers. The application UI consists of a mix of embedded components written in C++/C#/Java/Web technologies.
Prior to moving the whole application to a fully web-based SaaS model on AWS, the UI components will be incrementally converted to a modern web stack. The client uses their own web application development framework built on React and Ruby on Rails. Backend services are written in C++ and Java and currently being converted to REST-based microservices written in Java Spring Boot. The application uses Oracle as the backend database.
- Lead 8-12 people Agile team (for Lead Java Developers);
- Being part of an AGILE development team;
- Contributing to the success of our customer projects;
- Ensure data and algorithm integrity throughout process
- Work closely with QA Automation engineers
- Development of new product functionality, technical analysis, effort estimation;
- Design and implementation of new business requirements;
- Working in close cooperation with customer's representatives.
- Experience in designing and developing microservices architecture solutions (Java/ SpringBoot)
- Experience with Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Cloud, and/or Spring Cloud Streams
- Experience with relational databases and NoSQL databases, especially Oracle
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment, especially using Concourse CI or Jenkins
- Good English skills
NICE TO HAVE
- AWS experience not required but highly desired
- Experience with OSS Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, or Pivotal Web Services is a big plus
- Possibility to be involved in an international project
- Language classes (English and Polish)
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- Career development center
- Possibility to take part in both: corporate and startup environment
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects
- Relocation package for those who relocate to Krakow, Wroclaw, Katowice or Gdansk from other locations
- Benefit package (health care, multisport, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Fruits on a weekly basis
- Sponsored sport activities, ping-pong table, foosball table, PlayStation and massage chair
- Parking spot
If you are interested, please send your CV to the following address: Agnieszka_Chojnowska@epam.com