Lead Data Engineer
Lead Data Engineer
Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
We are currently looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join Data Practice team and work with EPAM strategic clients.
As Lead Data Engineer you will be building data systems and applications to support decision making. You will focus on developing and maintaining data pipelines in public clouds like AWS, Azure or GCP. You will be participating in data migration from on-premise to public clouds and building components for central enterprise data platforms.
This position will require advanced technical depth and experience, technical leadership, and multi-faceted communication skills.
- Contributing to the success of our customer projects
- Lead and coach team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for growth
- Building data platform solutions in Clouds
- Development of data pipelines and migration of data
- Design and implementation of new business requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of direct experience working in Enterprise Data Platforms technologies
- Experience in managing small and mid-size teams using Agile methodology
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP) as well as with on prem data technologies
- Experience in data acquisition (API calls/FTP downloads), ETL, transformation/normalization (from raw to DB table schema structure), storage (Raw files, Database server), distribution & access (Entitlements for users, build of API’s and access points for data)
- Proficient in ETL/ELT process
- Experience building components for central data platforms for enterprise use (data warehouses, Operational Data Stores, Access layers with APIs, file extracts, user queries)
- Hands-on experience with SQL, Python, Spark, Kafka
- Excellent communicator
- Possibility to be involved in an international project (Canada, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, USA, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary, etc.)
- English language classes
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- Career development center
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Possibility to take part in both: corporate and startup environment
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects
- Relocation package for those who relocate to Krakow, Wroclaw, Katowice or Gdansk from other locations
- Benefit package (health care, multisport, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Fruits on a weekly basis
- Sponsored sport activities
- We kindly ask you to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w niniejszym dokumencie do realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 10 maja 2018 roku o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. Ustaw z 2018, poz. 1000) oraz zgodnie z Rozporządzeniem Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady (UE) 2016/679 z dnia 27 kwietnia 2016 r. w sprawie ochrony osób fizycznych w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych i w sprawie swobodnego przepływu takich danych oraz uchylenia dyrektywy 95/46/WE (RODO)"
If you are interested, please send your CV to the following address: Agnieszka_Chojnowska@epam.com